Friday, August 28, 2009

My Son the BBoy



Peace

Ah man, this evening, I took my son out to the Philly Gathering, a monthly Hip-Hop event featuring open ciphers of BBoying, Mcing, Djing and Graffiti.
The Gathering has been around for over 12 years, and I can attest to being a part of the original Gathering, back when I was doing my rhyme thing like that.
So anyway, this evening about 4 hours ago my son, my little me totally went IN, and got busy in the bboy cipher.
He was doing uprock and bottom rock, 6 stepping and side shuffling into crazy head spins and kartwheels, hand stand and all types of ill moves.
He had the crowd including the other bboys, cheering him on and roaring with amazement when he pulled off a new move are flip.
It just now, brought a tear to my eye just thinking about how he performed and executed him moves with confidence and swagger.
I practice bboying with him all the time and encourage him to do more difficult moves (under my supervision, of course).
He even has been to all of the bboy classes my program held. So I know he can rock like that.
however this cipher had many skilled bboy and my little man hopped right in and was not just a random kid jumping in having fun, but a dancer in the cipher, awaiting his next turn to do a even more spectacular move, which he did, until he ran out of moves.
So now I gotta teach him how to backspin and windmill, so by next break he can come back and do it again.
All I keep buggin off what my son said in the car, on the way home.
"Yo, dad I was killin em, right"
Word son, you definitely was.

No comments:

Post a Comment